The 21 Weight Loss Habits eCourse is one of Insights University’s flagship teaching courses. This exciting course is about getting to the root of your weight loss. It cuts through all the confusion and misinformation out there concerning losing weight, maintaining weight loss, and getting in shape.
The truth is, you don’t need a special program to follow for the rest of your life, a special diet, some unrealistic workout regimen, nor superhuman willpower. What you need is to establish the habits of weight loss. Once a weight loss habit is established, the effort it takes to lose weight and keep it off becomes largely automatic and subconscious.
Most people wrongly think that to be healthy and maintain a healthy body weight, they have to have high self-discipline at all times. This couldn’t be further from the truth. Not only is it impossible to maintain high self discipline at all times, more self-discipline is not what you need. Instead, you need to develop habits that produce a healthy body and weight.
The 21 Weight Loss Habits course shows you how to take advantage of your brain’s natural tendency to form habits. The course teaches you how to use self-discipline only long enough to establish a new weight loss habit—then you let the new behavior kick into autopilot. This is the “sweet spot” where self-discipline (actively working at something long enough) and routine (automatic behavior) intersect.
According to a groundbreaking study from the University College of London, it takes about 66 days to form a new habit, with the full range being 18 to 254 days. One of the charms of the 21 Weight Loss Habits course is that you can move at your own pace. Once enrolled in the course, it’s yours to use for life. So, whether it takes you 18, 21, 66, or 254 days to form one of the 21 Weight Loss Habits, you have all the time you need.
Time is important because success at anything is sequential, not simultaneous! This course is designed to allow you to build one powerful weight loss habit at a time. And the twenty-one habits are arranged for you in an order that builds leverage and momentum so that establishing the first weight loss habit makes establishing the next one easier.
Truth be told, if you only established a handful of the 21 Weight Loss Habits, you would be well on your way to getting the body and health that you deserve. But by establishing all twenty-one—well, there’s no stopping you!
Each of the 21 Weight Loss Habits in the course is completed in five steps:
1. Watch a 15- to 45-minute teaching video covering all the important aspects of the new habit and strategies on how to best establish it.
- Each video is presented by Dr. Jeffrey Brown
- Each video can be watched across any and all devices you own
2. Take quiz (optional) after watching the teaching video to test your retention of the material and point out areas that need further review.
3. Engage sociallyafter watching the video and completing the optional quiz; you’ll be encouraged to offer your thoughts about the new habit so others in the course can learn from your insights and perspectives and you can learn from theirs.
4. Download a written version of the habit presented in the teaching video to keep a physical record of the 21 Weight Loss Habits.
- We recommend keeping each discussion in a three-ring binder to help keep the habits organized
- Some of the written discussions will have short assignments that help reinforce the principles taught in the video or other self-discovery points
5. Stay accountable by downloading and printing out a single-sheet, 66-Day Habit Challenge Calendar. This calendar gives you a visible indicator of your progress as you mark an X or checkmark through each of the sixty-six days of the habit challenge outlined in the teaching video. The goal of the challenge is to get as many days in a row practicing the new habit as possible!
The 21 Weight Loss Habits eCourse is currently nearing completion and will be available for enrollment soon! We strongly feel that this course will have a major positive impact on the lives of all who take it. To have the good life, you must have good health—this is one of four pillars along with wealth, love, and meaning.
Okay, are you ready for a peek at the titles of the 21 Weight Loss Habits? Register for free below to be alerted when this course is ready for enrollment.
Dr. Brown is certified by the American Board of Internal Medicine. He completed his residency training at the Johns Hopkins University/Sinai Hospital Program in Internal Medicine. He has worked in hospitals and clinics from Johns Hopkins Hospital to Harvard’s Massachusetts General Hospital. Dr. Brown has been on a mission to empower patients, caregivers, and health-conscious individuals to take charge of their health.
After years of practicing acute-care internal medicine in the hospital setting, Dr. Brown has focused his efforts on helping patients lose weight because he knows that being overweight or obese is the root cause of so many other common diseases. Dr. Brown has combined his gift at teaching with his knowledge of medicine to make the complex plain so that anyone can learn what they need to lose weight, take charge of their health, and live the life they deserve.